Marisa Berenon by Henry Clarke, 1972
The poor models at Louis Vuitton.
Update (07/11/14): This blew up and there were a lot of comments on the post and people messaging me to ask what happened. Since I’m not a runway model, I decided to ask one. I asked Kayley Chabot (whose résumé includes more than 100 shows in the four fashion capitals) if she had ever had to deal with uncomfortable shoes during fashion month, and here’s what she told me:
"The shoes are undoubtedly the worst part of fashion month. I’ve gone down the runway as my feet have been bleeding and torn apart from ridiculously small shoes. Almost every show I’ve ever done, the shoes have been much too small, either cutting off circulation and molding your foot to the shoe, or blisters and blood everywhere. Generally at the end of fashion month, I don’t recognize my own feet. They’re covered in blisters, cuts, everything. So yes, all of our feet look like that by the end of the month! (If a girl’s eyes look rather glossy during a show, she’s probably holding back tears.)”
So there you have it. Runway modeling may seem like a walk in the park, but it sounds like it can be a pretty excruciating, blister-filled walk.
If you need me I’ll be in the bath watching lava on my television
I read an anecdote from someone whose African Grey didn’t particularly get along with her Amazon parrot, Paco. One night she was preparing cornish hens for dinner, while the grey hung out with her in the kitchen. He got a closer look at one of the hens, looked his mama dead in the eyes and asked, “Paco?” Then he laughed.
that is one sadistic bird
We want big boob…. not too big, gross
we like small perky boob… not too little, gross
no don’t get fake ones!!!! gross!
oh your boobs are just like…hanging there…grosss…
and also…… every boob is just so dang sexy like i can’t see a mom giving an infant milk or my boner will rupture right through my chinos
THE TRUTH OF NATIVE AMERICANS BEFORE THE GENOCIDE
Gotta put this on blast.
We never needed a white savior.
I hate this country.
What I learned from this video:
- 100 million Native Americans died at the hands of white colonists
- Instead of planting crops the colonists spent their days digging random holes in the ground looking for gold. They started starving and dug up Indian corpses to eat. They took Indian prisoners and forced them to teach the colonists how to farm
- Native Americans had massive cities with tens of thousands of well constructed houses, intricate water canals and large merchant areas.
- The Native Americans used soaps, deodorants and breath sweeteners while colonists never bathed or even took of their clothes
- There was a delousing policy with the mantra Nits create Lice; nits being Native American babies, so their goal was to kill every Indian, including babies
- In the 1700’s 80% of the Federal Budget went towards eradicating the Native American population so they could take their developed farmland
- Colonists leaders went town after town killing men women and children under the approval of George Washington
- "Pursue Indians to extermination" -Thomas Jefferson
- California governor (1849-1851): “extermination must continue to be waged until the Indian becomes extinct”
The main factor which prevented Native American extinction was the fact they were used for slave labor. The most prized Native Americans were young girls who were said to be valued for labor and lust (that one white dude in your ethnic studies class that says he’s 1/36th Cherokee?)
In modern times children were forced into Indian Boarding Schools whose goal was to “Kill the Indian in them”. It was federal policy. They were beaten if they used their native tongue, they were forced to dress and style their hair like whites
This country was literally built on terrorism and mass murder. White people are savage terrorists.
Until, this is taught in schools everywhere- “history class” is merely a racism propaganda course.
McDonald’s has been forced to open its first ever restaurant with a turquoise coloured sign after city planners said the signature yellow sign would be too garish. Officials in Sedona, Arizona told the fast-food giant they were unable to open a restaurant with the trademark yellow logo.This is due to the city’s strict regulations which prevent buildings from ruining the picturesque view of the desert.
Photo credit: Michael Wright/WENN.com
uh that mcdonald’s has been there for like 15 years